- Multiple device targets (ARM, MSP430, PIC, ….).
- Included optional: GNU ARM Embedded “bare-metal” compiler with different optimized libraries.
- Powerful debugger fully optimized for embedded development.
- Written in C++. No interpreted languages (Jave or .NET) or proprietary libs needed.
- Extensible through plugins
- Syntax highlighting, customizable and extensible
- Syntax highlighting for assembler sources for all the supported targets (ARM,MSP430,PIC,…)
- Code folding for C/ C++ and XML files.
- Tabbed interface (VS2010 style)
- Code completion
- Class/symbol Browser (also for the compiler predefined symbols)
- Smart indent
- Spelling checker with US dictionary pre-installed
- CScope integration with binaries pre-installed
- One-key swap between .h and .c/.cpp files
- Open files list for quick switching between files (optional)
- External customizable “Tools”
- To-do list management with different users
- Multiple compiler/target support:
- EmBlocks “bare-metal” GNU ARM compiler (with memory report in EmBlocks)
- Keil/ARM realview
- ARM GCC (generic)
- Mspgcc (MSP430)
- PIC32 Microchip
- PIC24,PIC30,dsPIC Microchip
- PIC18 Microchip
- AVR GCC ATmel (MHV windows toolchain detection)
- …and more to come
- Auto detection of installed toolchains
- Build options for Compiler, Linker and Assembler
- Inherited options from upper levels are visible at lower levels
- Compiler build options on source file level
- Support for parallel builds (utilizing your CPU’s extra cores)
- Multi-target projects
- Workspaces to combine multiple projects
- Inter-project dependencies inside workspace
- New Project Wizard for NXP-ARM, ST-ARM, EnergyMicro and Microchip targets (others will follow)
- Project loader for uVision ARM projects
- Project loader for Mplab 8 projects (PIC32,dsPIC, PIC30, PIC24 and PIC18)
- Project loader for Atmel Studio project/workspace (AVR and ARM)
- Project importer MplabX projects
- Project importer CoIde projects
ARM GNU Embedded “bare-metal” Compiler:
- Based on GNU 5.4-branch
- Special libraries for the cortex family (with and without fpu/softfp etc)
- Newlib builds optimized for Speed & Size (and default)
- Newlib Nano-branch included
- Unwind handling is excluded for minimum size builds
- All libraries are selectable from linker panel EmBlocks
- CMSIS library preinstalled and available without further settings
- Fully documented and accessible at EmBlocks help menu (inclusive ARM quick references)
- Special tailored GDB binaries optimized for embedded debugging
(ARM, MSP430, & AVR are selectable in the install package)
- Step-in/out, Step-over, Step-instruction, Run to cursor & Set PC at cursor
- Disassembler view mode, mixed or plain
- Memory view hex,char or dec (signed/unsigned) and 8,16 or 32 bits selectable
- Memory view Scrollable (uVision style) and with “Address modify” function
- System view with CMSIS-SVD (XML) description support.
Display all the peripherals registers of the device and modify the values if necessary.
- Live data and variables (on mouse-over) on GDB server support
- Live watches (global variables)
- EB monitor – printf/scanf in EB console window without halting the application (the semihosting successor)
- Supports old Semihosting console handling in debugger-target view through GDB
- OS aware debugger plugin: OSsupport
- Navigation between register, disassembly and memory views
e.g. show memory pointed by register/system or disassembly immediate values etc.
- GUI debug interface settings
- Easy integration of additional GDB-servers by squirrel scripting
- Automatic GDB server launch and termination
*ST-link GDB server available in package which supports flash/ram execution with live data.
*OpenOCD GDB server available in package which supports live data for STlink.
- Scripted register window parser for register-flags
- Changeable register values in register window
- Cursor aware variable inspect (on cursor or on selection) with live updates
- Custom variable types possible via scripting
- Assembler syntax highlight with PC-aware line colouring
- Debug session storage in separate file (.eds) option
- Breakpoints in source windows are visible also in assembler pane
- “Break on valid source line if possible” option
- etc. etc
- SVD online repository plugin (>400 files)
- Auto versioning
- File diff viewer.
- Hex editor (even for large files).
- Doxy documentation generation front-end.
- Code snippets.
- Code statistics.
- EB monitor
- and many more…