EmBitz Feature List
- Written in C++. No interpreted languages or proprietary libs needed.
- Extensible through plugins
- Fully optimized for bare metal development
- Multiple compiler support, shipped with Launchpad GNU 9.3
- Very fast custom build system (no makefiles needed)
- Support for parallel builds (utilizing your CPU’s extra cores)
- C/C++ mixed projects
- Multi-target projects
- Workspaces to combine multiple projects
- Inter-project dependencies inside workspace
- With tailor made GDB
- Standalone EBlink integration
- Supports live variables, memory and OS views
- Supports hot plugging, connect running target without stopping and use the live variables.
- Full breakpoints support:
- Code breakpoints
- Data breakpoints (read, write and read/write)
- Breakpoint conditions (break only when an expression is true)
- Breakpoint ignore counts (break only after certain number of hits)
- Display local function symbols and arguments
- User-defined expressions watches with live capabilities
- Call stack
- Custom memory dump
- View CPU registers
- View System registers and modify them with extensive descriptions if available in the SVD file.
- Loads crashdumps which are collected in EmBitz crashdump format. Shows callstack, exception cause and non-optimized variables during the crash.
- Supports debugger plugin’s, currently
- EBmonitor, a high speed bidirectional terminal with minimal impact on target performance (alternative for semihost).
- OS view, look realtime at your OS performance
- Syntax highlighting, customizable and extensible
- Code folding for C, C++, XML and many more files.
- Tabbed interface
- Code completion
- Class Browser
- Smart indent
- One-key swap between .h and .c/.cpp files
- Open files list for quick switching between files (optional)
- External customizable “Tools”
- To-do list management with different users
- Hex editor
- Atmel studio loader
- uVision project loader
- MPlab8 porject loader
- Auto versioning
- Auto save
- etc ( about 40 plugins in total)
And many more features provided through plugins!