Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can EmBitz display variables in "Watch" window in hexadecimal view?
For example 0x11223344 instead 287454020.
Is anybody here?
Yip, right click on the watch->select "Edit" and check the hex view radio.
Photo 
(03-30-2017, 02:01 PM)EmBitz Wrote: Yip, right click on the watch->select "Edit" and check the hex view radio.

Sorry, may be I use wrong version of EmBitz? My version is 1.11.

I have such Popup menu in watch window:

This menu have not item "Edit".
That's an automatic watch, it's a function parameter. You can only edit watches which are manually added to the list.
(04-03-2017, 11:29 AM)EmBitz Wrote: That's an automatic watch, it's a function parameter. You can only edit watches which are manually added to the list.

Perhaps this should be posted in feature requests, but could there be a global option to set the number base for automatic watches?
As a workaround, one can define variables of interest to be of pointer type, instead of integers. In this case, emBitz automatically displays them in HEX.
(06-08-2017, 02:53 PM)nathanrhoch Wrote:
(04-03-2017, 11:29 AM)EmBitz Wrote: That's an automatic watch, it's a function parameter. You can only edit watches which are manually added to the list.

Perhaps this should be posted in feature requests, but could there be a global option to set the number base for automatic watches?

You can change it in hexadecimal if you type "set output-radix 16" into the command line of the debugger log view.