Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ST-Link V2-1 and Windows 10
Sure.

Nucleo-F103RB connected:
c:\Program Files (x86)\EmBitz\1.11\share\contrib>stlinkgdb
STLINK GDB Server (EmBitz Dec 8 2016 12:12:38)
Connect under reset is active.

2017-04-06T13:00:50 WARN E:\_stlink\stlink-master\src\stlink-usb.c: Couldn't open STlink/V2-1 probe at 001:003

c:\Program Files (x86)\EmBitz\1.11\share\contrib>

Ebay STLink v2 connected to the same USB connector:

c:\Program Files (x86)\EmBitz\1.11\share\contrib>stlinkgdb
STLINK GDB Server (EmBitz Dec 8 2016 12:12:38)
Connect under reset is active.

Connected to STlink/V2 probe at 001:003
Chip ID is 00000410, Core ID is 1ba01477.
Target voltage: 3.22
Number of HW-breakpoints: 6
Listening at *:4242...

This is strange:
2017-04-06T13:00:50 WARN E:\_stlink\stlink-master\src\stlink-usb.c: Couldn't open STlink/V2-1 probe at 001:003
"E:\" ???
E: is the drive the STLink v2.1 makes for mbed application upload.
(02-04-2017, 07:55 PM)PDonchev Wrote: Hi,
Is there any working solution for using ST-Link V2-1 and EmBitz (under Windows 10)?
Yes, works pretty nice.

I'm using EmBitz with STM32F746G-DISC0 board. Already successfully ported the stock demonstration project
and I can download it with ST-Link Utility, but unfortunately debugging is not possible, because STLinkGDB can not connect with on-board ST-Link V2-1 device.

I had done this a couple of times before - connecting the board was never a Problem i had figured out.

Only workaround for me was to break connection between on-board ST-Link and STM32F746 and use external ST-LinkV2. In this way I can debug successfully.

You should look  into this Forum to a Archive of released Nucleo 746g Project template, where the ST-Link Debugger is preconfigured right - you just Need to Change the detailed mpu type.
Yoiu will be get in other Problems around the F746 - there are some issues about source Level Debugging and breaking at ISR's, even none breakpoint was placed into them. This is  a chip-bug in r0p1 of the F756 and there are just one known Workaround available released for free by segger. This simple tool replace the st-link Firmware by seggers modified j-link Firmware, where the bug will not be an  issue . The side effect of this debugging Firmware Change is, that this Speeds up the upload Debugging more than two times.
You can replace the j-link Firmware  by the original with the same tool, if this is required one time. I had done this several times and this works  pretty stable. 

Windows 10 was never ever a problem by emBitz or the gcc toolchain.

Hello,

"Windows 10 was never ever a problem by emBitz or the gcc toolchain."

=> aha, interesting, cause...

I have 4 pieces of STM32F469Disco-Boards here.

Only one is working directly at my I7-6700-Asus-MB-PC with WIN10/64  (even via a USB 3.0-Hub)

The second only works on the same computer within a virual W10/64-machine

...and the third and fourth doesn't work neither.

But all four work in a virtual Win7/32-machine on this computer.

Connecting via USB 2.0 or 3.0 doesn't change anything

On other computers with WIN10 (ex. one tablet with USB2.0-only) also some, but different boards work - and vice versa...

I also tried all available firmwares from 2014 to 2017 and drivers (actual and older)

That all doesn't change anything!!

The only thing I can reach with Zadig is, that even ST-Link-Utility doesn't recognize the Board any more.

I had simmilar problems with some Nucleo-Boards. But there you can finally connect a cheap China-Debugger with a few wires, but on the 469-Disco the lines between the Debugger-IC and the 469 are not accessible.

There seems to be no logic in this "equation" - execept one constant: WIN10  Huh

"Windows 10 was never ever a problem by emBitz or the gcc toolchain."

=> I don't think that this is true, sorry

Best regards

Sven

I think this problem is important. The Nucleo board is popular and inexpensive. Embitz looses many potential users, if the first test fails on Nucleo.

The lack of import function is serious problem too. ST provides many code samples for 3-4 IDE, most people is about to try them. While not too hard to convert manually, it's frustrating for a beginner.
I fully agree the statement of VOROSJ

I like emBitz very much - small installation, fast, helpfull debugging features, easy importing of 3rd party projects (if you once got it) - everything I need but not to much. Heart

I don't like this eclipse-based stuff (CooCox, AC6, Atollic) - delays at startup and debugging, generally slow, lager installation, no clear structure (imho), not a very clear concept at all... Confused

I tried Visual-GDB - not a bad alternative to emBitz, but lot's of gigabytes installation for nearly the same functionality. Shy

emBitz has very much pros on it's side, but if I only can use it within a virtual WIN-7-Machine they are mostly gone. Sad Sad

Hearing from an emBitz-update solving this problem woul be very great news!   Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool