Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nRF52 series
Hi dear friends!

Please, help me.
I started working with nRF52832.
It would like to learn how to use emBitz to work with the new  nRF52 chips?
emBitz has support only older nRF51 ...

Many thanks!
What are the problems?
(05-12-2016, 02:14 PM)neo333 Wrote: Hi dear friends!

Please, help me.
I started working with nRF52832.
It would like to learn how to use emBitz to work with the new  nRF52 chips?
emBitz has support only older nRF51 ...

Many thanks!

Currently as of EmBitz 1.11, nRF52 targets are not supported. However, getting EmBitz set up to work with nRF52 is pretty simple:

1. Start a new empty project.
2. Select the toolchain. I recommend to get you started using EmBitz - bare-metal which will build a nRF5x project right out of the box. In my experience, selecting a generic ARM toolchain requires some modification to the toolchain settings to avoid linker conflicts.
3. To get things running, you may choose to use an example from the Nordic nRF5x SDK and use the Makefile script to help you set up the EmBitz project.
4. If you're using J-Link, setup the debug interface to use Generic J-Link and add the following settings under GDB server -> Settings -> Connect / Reset: 
    Server Args: -select USB -device nRF52832_xxAA -if SWD -speed 1000 -noir
    Reset command(s): monitor reset
5. Configure user-defined tools to use nrfjprog for flash and erase (must have the nRF5x Command Line Tools installed). Here are some useful tool configurations I use (you can tailor it to fit your project structure):

6. In order to debug, first flash via the user-defined tool in the tools menu. Now you should be able to connect and debug the target. 

Best regards,

Tristen
Thank you very much!