Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EBLink +VSCode
How to configure VS Code to use EBlink as a debugger? 

Thank you!
(30-12-2020, 03:22 PM)YuS Wrote: How to configure VS Code to use EBlink as a debugger? 

Thank you!
Well, I never use Visual STudio as IDE for embedded but the same way as you would use it with any other GDB stubs  (servers) I guess.

First you need to have VS working in conjunction with GDB as debugger core with a plugin e.g. cortex-debug.

Second, you need to find the settings of that plugin and find how you can set the used TCP port and to skip launching any external GDB servers. Make sure that the TCP port is set at the same number you are using with EBlink (2331). Perhaps you can make that plugin launch EBlink automatically. Otherwise select J-link without launching it and launch EBlink from the explorer shell menu.

But this procedure is generic for all IDE's using GDB. Perhaps you could use the QTcreator as reference to find the right settings
https://doc.qt.io/qtcreator/creator-deve...tml#eblink

P.s. the reason I never use VS is because I'm addicted to live variables when I'm debugging and this is not possible with a lot of IDE's using vanilla GDB as debugger.