Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newb questions
Greetings,

I'm trying to give Embitz a real thorough try to determine if I want to migrate to it for my projects.  I've experimented with it some (STM32) - but I have a few basic newb questions that I couldn't figure out easily.

1) Stupid one: Is there a dark theme?  The interface prompts for a file but I don't see one. I enjoy my development to be dark. In Keil I was able to do this for the editor window only - the other window panes were white. ugh.

2) I see there is a workspace - but I'm not really sure how to run multiple copies with multiple hardware debuggers.  (I did see the option to allow running multiple copies, but I wasn't sure how the projects and workspaces worked together)

3) I wasn't able to see a way to look at flash memory for debugging.  Is this possible?

4) I am starting a project with an STM32H745 MCPU which has 2 cores. Can embitz support dual proc debugging?  I'm not sure how configure something like that either.

Thanks for answering my newb questions!
Hi,

1) Not really but this is also high on my list.

2) Workspace is just as with other IDE's. It consists of multiple projects.

3) There is a debug window "memory view" with live capabilities if you use EBlink.

4) Yes, EBlink supports this and you can use two EB instances to debug both MCU simultaneously.
   Attached an example dual core  project used to test EBlink

Attached Files
.zip   stm32h7-dual-core-inter-cpu-async-communication-master.zip (Size: 1.42 MB / Downloads: 59)
(14-12-2022, 07:39 AM)embitz Wrote: Hi,

1) Not really but this is also high on my list.

2) Workspace is just as with other IDE's. It consists of multiple projects.

3) There is a debug window "memory view" with live capabilities if you use EBlink.

4) Yes, EBlink supports this and you can use two EB instances to debug both MCU simultaneously.
   Attached an example dual core  project used to test EBlink

Thanks for the answers!  Regarding #4.  I'm still kind of learning how this processor works for programming and debugging.
I've deduced that same thing: multiple instances of an IDE can debug the different processors (one at a time). I am still trying to figure out how to flash the CM4 versus the CM7 using OpenOCD.
Why openocd?
Because I'm not currently using embitz for this project. Although, I did get the CM4 code over there and programmed using Embitz.