Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STM32L07x/08x Support?
Trying out Embitz. Downloaded the latest version.  Disappointed that there doesn't seem to be support for more recent STM32L0 mcus with 192K Flash / 20K Ram.  I use the STM32L073 extensively. Is there a plugin or upgrade to support this device?  Thanks, Ron.
Ron,

There is no support for F7 and H7. My solution was to create the projects with CubeMx and then complete them with EmBitz. Just keep the assembler startup file and the loader file from EmBitz and delete everything else. I am optimistic that a future version of EmBitz will have the support to reduce the manual work. You can do the same for L0.

They key is to share the same folder for CubeMx and EmBitz. Without that, there are too much manual copy operations and the intelligent in-file updates with CubeMx doesn't work.

I have been very pleased with the functionality of EmBitz over the past years.
Cheers, Ollie
Thanks Ollie,
Appreciate your commentary.
So I'll put Embitz to one side for the time being, keeping an eye on future developments.
Cheers Ron.
Hi Ron,

You could also add the support for this device and share it with us. All the wizard stuff is done by scripting. So you could add and make dialog as fancy as you wish.
(04-12-2017, 10:17 AM)EmBitz Wrote: Hi Ron,

You could also add the support for this device and share it with us. All the wizard stuff is done by scripting. So you could add and make dialog as fancy as you wish.

Hello All,
speaking of supporting new devices: Shortly I will start a project using STM32F091 (for which I could not find support). I would love to add it myself and share it. But how is that done? Any pointer to a quick primer?
Thanks for a great IDE
-E