Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mbed exporter problems
EmBlocks Wrote:about 2,
Read the posts above, I describe it there. For every supported IDE that particular developer for that particular project generates a native project file for that IDE.

sorry, i read it, but my English is not perfect and often loose something Big Grin
but, i made a simple test, i create a new program in my online compiler, i added mbed-dev lib, and make an export:
result ? many ide is present for exporting, is there Keil, is there IAR, is there EmBlock, is there Gcc, and others, so in this case I'm THE developer, and I do not generate native project for IDE's
Many, but not all.
So probably some ide need manually generate the project by developer, like you said, but others is automatically generated by online ide

EmBlocks Wrote:It's better to follow the path of exporting to e.g. Eclipse and have an Eclipse importer in EB.
The Gcc+Makefile exporter is one of the option always present in the exporter windows, it is not simple import it directly on EmBitz ?
No, that's not true. Your own link to the Hello project has many grayed out toolchain options. See picture below. EmBlocks is not grayed out because for every ARM-GCC, also Emblocks is turned on. But thrust me, I wrote that Mbed exporter myself, I know a little bit how things are organized under the hood.

If you have time, place dig into it. It would be nice that somebody could maintain that exporter. If I have some time left I will also take a look at that Mbed exporter why it is so messed up. The problem is, you can only test it (debug it) offline with some simple projects.

Quote:The Gcc+Makefile exporter is one of the option always present in the exporter windows, it is not simple import it directly on EmBitz ?

My feeling is that parsing a native project file is much easier than a Makefile with al those variables etc. E.g. Eclipse is just XML.
There is an issue on github mbed-os
https://github.com/ARMmbed/mbed-os/issues/2736
This is not a Embitz problem, on online Mbed compiler switch Mbed version for 58, export to CooCox all files, works fine
Or switch for Mbed verson 82, works fine too
Fast way to export from Mbed to Embtiz:
1-online mbed compiler switch to version 58
2-Export to Cocox
3-Import on Embitz Coocox project
4-Exampe: LCD_enhanced_LPC1768-->>some files on library LCD must be placed manually (extension .inc)