Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to reallocate vector table in EmBitz 2.x?
Hi,

thank you for the new EmBitz 2.00 release!

I would like to switch from 1.11 to 2.00, but I miss some EBlink settings:

How to set "Vector table relocation" and "Execute from RAM" in EmBitz 2.00?

Can I use "User Defines" field?

If yes, can you please give an example?

Or can you add these settings like in EmBitz 1.11?

Thanks, Sven
Hi,

Put this in your "Additional EBlink commands"  at the "Reset" tab.

Code:
reg sp = (0x20000000)
reg pc = (0x20000004)
writeu32 0xE000ED08 = 0x20000000

Thanks, seems to work all as expected with EmBitz 2.00 now. Great job!
OK, good to know.

But my use case at the moment is: Switch existing EmBitz 1.11 projects containing working EBlink debug configuration with "Vector table relocation" enabled at 0x20000000, "Execute from RAM" enabled and "Don't use flash cache" enabled to EmBitz 2.00.

It would be nice if EmBitz 2.00 would automatically take over whole the EBlink debug configuration and convert it to EmBitz 2.00 format.
(28-10-2021, 07:55 PM)neu Wrote: OK, good to know.

But my use case at the moment is: Switch existing EmBitz 1.11 projects containing working EBlink debug configuration with "Vector table relocation" enabled at 0x20000000, "Execute from RAM" enabled and "Don't use flash cache" enabled to EmBitz 2.00.

It would be nice if EmBitz 2.00 would automatically take over whole the EBlink debug configuration and convert it to EmBitz 2.00 format.

There is no need to disable flash cache if you want to execute in ram.
Flash cache disable is only necessary if your code is rewriting it's own flash and to see those modifications back in EmBitz.

About auto translate between 1.11 and 2.0, sure that would be nice. But there are a lot of things that would be nice to have before releasing 2.0 and if I keep building then you would never see this 2.0. It's all about priorities.
I'm really happy to get EmBitz 2.00 release and have no problem to manually adjust EBlink settings. You directly told me how to add the missing settings. So I can start using EmBitz 2.00 with all my projects. Thanks again for that good job and support!

I need to disable Flash cache because of firmware is modifying flash on runtime (bootloader, EEPROM emulation) AND needs to run from RAM. But this setting is already available and likewise easy to manually adjust.

I agree with you to better focus on the must-have features and to defer nice-to-have features.