Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestions future releases
I donated before memberships were instituted and then became a member. As I've seen no progress, I never renewed. My suggestion for a future "release" is to make EmBitz fully available on Github and allow other people to contribute. I currently do all my development on Linux which means that my priority would be to make EmBitz portable. This shouldn't be a terrible community endeavor considereing EmBitz is a Code::Blocks fork.
Code :: Blocks stopped in development (Saturday, 30 December 2017 16:34).
The date is surprisingly the same as the last update of EmBitz.
Code :: Blocks is also considered an open project. However, I could not find the publication address on Github, it's strange.
I was interested in plug-ins, and a few new features. On that forum there are several topics for me, but they have general information, without publishing the code.
All this is strange.
Perhaps the address for publication on Github will be able to find a person for whom English is native. Maybe there is a specific sense of humor - which I do not understand.
And yes, I need this address.
(13-08-2018, 05:46 PM)nanobug Wrote: I donated before memberships were instituted and then became a member. As I've seen no progress, I never renewed. My suggestion for a future "release" is to make EmBitz fully available on Github and allow other people to contribute. I currently do all my development on Linux which means  that my priority would be to make EmBitz portable. This shouldn't be a terrible community endeavor considereing EmBitz is a Code::Blocks fork.

I'm a member, too and I think yours is not a bad idea at all. Obviously it is up to Gerard to decide. being the owner of the embitz initiative. In this context his opinion, as well as the general status and plans for further development would be highly appreciated.
Paging Dr. Gerard, please pick up one of the white courtesy phones thank you very much Big Grin
Here?
https://www.embitz.org/licenses/
https://www.embitz.org/svn/listing.php?repname=EmBitz
Can someone say if this IDE is dead?
No post from Embitz lately (Gerard)
Maybe just a quick word, maybe just say, i'm busy, i will come back?
Maybe is he active in the membership forum... it will be nice to know...  Huh
I am happy with the current functionality of EmBitz, but I would be very sad if there will be no bug fixes and new development during the coming years. My other main development platform is Arduino (ESP32 and Teensy), but it is no match for EmBitz.
Cheers, Ollie
To Gerard, Please let's know if there will be any update soon. I want to know it before extend my membership. And of course to my opinion EmBitz is the most convenient IDE for stm32 ever. Please keep developing.
Yes, I'm here.

I did some maintenance of the web tools first, which didn't succeed with wordpress part of the site (I will dig into that later). The notification system of myBB was broken and is repaired so that every new post or thread is notified. (Something you all can use, it's inside your user settings).

I first will do some reading now because I have to catch up with everything posted lately.
(8 hours ago)EmBitz Wrote: Yes, I'm here.

I did some maintenance of the web tools first, which didn't succeed with wordpress part of the site (I will dig into that later). The notification system of myBB was broken and is repaired so that every new post or thread is notified. (Something you all can use, it's inside your user settings).

I first will do some reading now because I have to catch up with everything posted lately.

Oh, so you are alive. :-) Thanks for the feedback.
Alive and kicking