Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I add a new compiler ??
Wink 
Hello good time
Previous versions of the editor also included AVR and PIC compilers
But in version 2 onwards, these compilers are removed
How can I add these compilers to this version ???
I have many projects with the same editor with AVR and PIC compiler that can no longer be used in this version

That's correct.

Version 2.x is focusing on ARM because that's the more or less defacto standard these days.
By focusing on only one brand a lot of overhead can be removed in the future because we don't have to take care of e.g. 16 or 32 bits or foreign GDB servers etc.

If you only need a editor/building tool then perhaps code::blocks will do the job.
In code::blocks compilers can be added dynamically.
Thank you very much, I'm a long-time user of EmBitz, a really great tool!
But code :: blocks are not comparable to embitz at all
There is no way to just add the compiler and skip other features???

Unfortunately, the previous version of compiler.dll plugin could not be used in this version
With this explanation, I have to use the same old version 1.11  Sad  Cry
Well, we have to move on and in the past the goal of Emblocks was to deliver a one-tool-fits-all, a native written Eclipse so to speak.

But now a days it's not worth the effort to keep support for all those non-ARM brands for just a few users. There is also not a real benefit for them to move to 2.x because 2.x is mainly about making ARM development more smoothly.

But why isn't code::blocks an alternative for you if you only use the compiler module?
I have a good understanding of Embitz development policies
I have many projects that have worked with this editor and are being developed and edited
On the other hand, this editor has a much lighter and better environment than code :: blocks
Most of my projects are limited to this editor and I do not want to install multiple compilers and heavy editors

If it is not possible to use higher versions of this editor, I prefer to work with the same version 1.11 and not with code :: blocks

Isn't it better to add a new compiler in this edition ???