EmBitz

Full Version: EBlink-Error, Voltage too low! with break-away nucleo probe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Win7 64, Embitz 2.41, STLink2-1 version V2J39M27 from a modified (+3.6V) Nucleo64 board debugging a STM32F334 (LQFP32) target. 

When i try to run a debug session i get the following message:

EBlink-Error
Target voltage [0.01V] is to low for reliable connection.

Tried various settings in the "Override VCC" settings to no avail.

I dont get this issue with Embitz1.11 and the same STLink and 334 debug target.

Edit: Just tested with a standard Nucleo 446 board and it seam to work OK with Embitz 2.41
Ok, if the measured voltage is below 1.65 then this error will popup.
You have the target voltage connected to the stlink I assume?

The VCC voltage override is used for the selection of the right flash strategie (see script files) but perhaps it's an idea to overrule the voltage internal in EBlink also with this option.
(19-06-2022, 05:15 PM)embitz Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, if the measured voltage is below 1.65 then this error will popup.
You have the target voltage connected to the stlink I assume?

The VCC voltage override is used for the selection of the right flash strategie (see script files) but perhaps it's an idea to overrule the voltage internal in EBlink also with this option.

I have the ST Link's +3.6V and GND connected to the 334 target yes.
 The flash f3_f1_f0.script has no statements of voltage/VCC as the flash/f7_f4_f2.script file have.
Are you sure that you are using pin 1 (the MCU target voltage) and not 19 (stlink voltage output)? If you mention the STlink 3V3 that's not what it should be.

The VCC is used currently in the H7/F7 scripts.

Below how you would use the STlink without target voltage feedback. 
[attachment=136]
Well, as mentioned in the first post:
Quote: STLink2-1 version V2J39M27 "from" a modified (+3.6V) "Nucleo64 board" debugging a STM32F334 (LQFP32)
Embedded StLinks dont measure target voltage as far as i can see ,only its own regulator U1 at PA0, se page 65.  
https://usermanual.wiki/Pdf/STM3220Nucle...76447/view

With original 3.3V regulator we have 1650mV at Ain1 with a 3.6V regulator we have 1800mV at Ain1 if this is the point Eblink measures?!
As far as I know, and I have approx 50 nucleo boards, all those boards report the target voltage. If they really measure it or just return 3.3 on that particular USB API call, I don't know but for the user that's not important.

But how difficult is it to check your pinout as I attached in the picture above?
To which one could reply , how difficult is it to understand i dont use a STLINK/V2 as i mentioned in bold text twice already?
The link includes the STLink2-1 schematic which is not a full white boxed STLink/V2, so whats difficult with that? Still the fact remains, Embitz1.11 works 2.41 dont.

When i measure my F446 nucleo board CN1 1pin it also reports 0V so obviously your EBlink measure something but what and where?
Clearly your software is only working up to +3.3V and not +3.6V. And i bet all your 50 nucleo boards uses the +3.3V regulator.
Ah ok, yes I missed that completely. I changed the title.

Well, EBlink doesn't measure but the STlink firmware is doing so. And your STlink is reporting to EBlink that it supports target voltage measurements so EBlink is asking the probe "well, if you support voltage feedback, please give it to me!" and the STlink reports back "0.01V".

The STlink is using PA0 for the measurement as far as I can see. In your link there is a bridge SB11.
But I personally never used a break-away board from a nucleo so I don't have any experiences with how to use these as standalone debugger.